End User License Agreement
Copyright (C), Marmoset LLC
Latest Update: November 13th, 2020
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
By downloading, installing, and using Marmoset Toolbag (the “Software”) you are held to the terms and restrictions of this license.
2. COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Marmoset LLC retains all right, title and interest in the Software and its associated documentation and library assets including all intellectual property rights embodied therein and derivatives thereof. All rights, title, and interest are protected by the copyright laws that pertain to computer software. The Software, or any derivatives thereof, may not be resold, rented, leased, distributed (electronically or otherwise), or offered on any other for-charge basis for any purpose.
All works created by the licensee with the use of the Software, including any third-party marks, trademarks, or copyrights associated with the works created, will be owned by licensee, and no assumption of ownership is made by Marmoset LLC, or Marmoset LLC’s owners, employees, agents or assignees.
3. GRANT OF LICENSE
By installing this software Marmoset grants the licensee a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use an object code version of the Software and accompanying example content, documentation, and Toolbag Library assets for both commercial and non-commercial purposes in accordance with the Software Use Limitations section below.
Licensee may install the Software on more than one computer but concurrent use of different installations of the Software shall not exceed the number of valid license seats the End User has paid for and has been authorized to use.
4. SOFTWARE USE LIMITATIONS
For each license granted the person(s) permitted to use each license are restricted to be in accordance with the license type purchased.
4.1 “Individual” licenses are licensed strictly for use by the person making the purchase. Any visual and creative works created with the Software under an Individual license is authorized for commercial and non-commercial use.
4.2 “Academic” licenses are licensed to the academic institution making the purchase. License use is granted to any staff member, faculty, student, or legal agent of the academic institution who owns the license, whether on-site or remotely located. In the event the license was purchased through a reseller on behalf of a client the client academic institution is the licensee. Any visual and creative works created with the Software under an Academic License are for academic purposes only and may not be resold, rented, leased, or offered on any other for-charge basis.
4.3 “Studio” licenses are licensed to the company making the purchase. License use is granted to any company owner or legal agent or legal employee of the company, whether on-site or remotely located. In the event the license was purchased through a reseller on behalf of a client the client company is the licensee. Any visual and creative works created with the Software under a Studio License are authorized for commercial use.
4.4 “Trial” licenses are granted for personal evaluation purposes only. Each individual is entitled to one 30-day free trial license.
5. TERM OF LICENSE
5.1 Perpetual licenses grant the licensee indefinite access to the Software and the Toolbag Library so as long as the licensee is in accordance with the terms of the license. Software updates and updates to the Toolbag Library will be provided to the licensee without additional charge but availability of those updates will be limited to point release updates for the whole number version of the Software for which the license was purchased.
5.2 Subscription licenses grant the licensee access to the Software and the Toolbag Library and include all associated updates for the duration of the licensee’s active term of subscription and as long the licensee is in accordance with the terms of their license.
6. SUBSCRIPTION RENEWAL
The term of a Subscription license will auto-renew in either 1-month or 12-month terms determined by the license term purchased and beginning from the date of original license purchase. Licensee may voluntarily cancel a subscription renewal and opt out of auto-renewal for any active subscription through their Marmoset Account (https://account.marmoset.co). If auto-renewal is disabled a subscription license will remain active until the currently active term expires.
7. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
7.1 Perpetual Licenses may be cancelled and a full refund provided within 14 days of a completed payment. Upon a cancellation granted by Marmoset the license purchased will be cancelled and the licensee will be unable to access the Software with that license from the date of cancellation.
7.2 Annual Term Subscription licenses may be cancelled and a refund provided within 14 days of the most recently completed term payment. Only the most recent term payment completed may be refunded. Upon a cancellation granted by Marmoset the license will be cancelled and the licensee will be unable to access the Software with that license from the date of cancellation.
7.3 Monthly Term Subscription licenses may be cancelled and a refund provided within 7 days of the most recently completed term payment. Only the most recent term payment completed may be refunded. Upon a cancellation granted by Marmoset the license will be cancelled and the licensee will be unable to access the Software with that license from the date of cancellation.
7.4 Requests for refunds must be submitted to Marmoset’s support team at email@example.com
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
The Software, related documentation, and support media is provided “as is”. Marmoset LLC explicitly disclaims all warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a specific purpose.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The entire risk arising out of the use or performance of the Software remains with the End User. Under no circumstances shall Marmoset LLC, or its respective owners, employees, agents or assignees be liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages that may result from the use or inability to use the Software or related documentation.
If any questions or comments arise regarding the use of the Software the End User is entitled to free email support. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. ADDITIONAL CREDITS
A special thanks to the following for support and contributions to Toolbag. Any digital assets provided by the following and included with Toolbag remain property of their respective owners – unless mutual agreement outside of these terms is in place – and no assumption of ownership is made by Marmoset LLC.
“Foxy Lady” Scene – Viviane Herzog & Thomas Pradeilles
Portions Copyright (c) Intel.
Portions Copyright (c) NVIDIA.
Portions Copyright (c) Syoyo Fujita.
Portions Copyright (c) Morten S. Mikkelsen.
Portions Copyright (c) 1988-1997 Sam Leffler.
Portions Copyright (C) 2011-2016 by Stefan Gustavson.
Portions Copyright (c) 1991-1997 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
Portions Copyright (c) 1998, 2002-2008 Kiyoshi Matsui. All rights reserved.
Portions Copyright (c) 2016-present, Facebook, Inc. All rights reserved.
Portions Copyright (c) 2009-2017 Dave Gamble and cJSON contributors.
Portions Copyright (c) 2016-present, Facebook, Inc. All rights reserved.
Portions Copyright (c) 2001-2020 Python Software Foundation; All Rights Reserved.
Portions TM & (c) 2009-2015 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved.
Portions of this software are based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group.
This software contains Autodesk FBX code developed by Autodesk, Inc. Copyright 2020 Autodesk, Inc. All rights, reserved. Such code is provided “as is” and Autodesk, Inc. disclaims any and all warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of third party rights. In no event shall Autodesk, Inc. be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of such code.
Download the latest installers from the Toolbag product page.
Version 4.02 | January 11th, 2021
- Tooltips system should no longer crash on mix-resolution display setups.
- Tooltip display option in preferences works again.
- Window elements should no longer go out of bounds on widescreen monitors.
- The window should no longer flicker after changing monitor DPI scaling.
- Text is no longer blurry at 125% and 175% scales.
Version 4.01 | December 21st, 2020
Toolbag 4.01 includes numerous bug fixes and smaller improvements and should resolve most of the serious pending issues.
- Canceling a render should no longer crash.
- Clicking on the main window during a render should no longer show the unresponsive application error.
- Overwrite existing now works as it should with MP4/AVI video renders.
- The watermark works again for renders. We’ve added a scale slider too.
- The lens flare effect works again for renders as well.
- When overwrite existing is off, the iteration numbers are now appended at the end of the file name.
- It’s no longer possible to have only one active render camera or render pass.
- We fixed a bug that caused refractive materials to be too bright -on certain AMD video cards.
- The microfiber shading model should no longer create hot pixels when using raster rendering and high sample counts.
- Unlit surfaces now render correctly when using ray tracing and DOF.
- Adjusting the PNTriangles level slider now correctly updates the displaced result.
- Painting performance has been improved.
- We’ve added custom input and project map types.
- You can now drag a texture to the brush preview area to load it.
- Dragging a smart mask between layers rather than onto them now creates an empty group with a mask. This will no longer cause a bad state in the layer stack as well.
- Shift+Ctrl+RMB will now rotate the brush.
- The gradient tool now works as expected and should not cause crashes when using or changing tools.
- The color selection layer will no longer crash when more than 4 entries are added.
- The flood tool now more reliably with contiguous meshes over different UV islands.
- AO input maps are now composited correctly.
- Using the brush tool after the gradient no longer creates bad strokes.
- Clicking with the left or right buttons on a stylus during a stroke should no longer corrupt stroke data, and right-click should no longer open the context menu.
- Loading a brush preset with no brush texture set will now clear the texture if one exists.
- We’ve fixed some bugs related to different projection and size space settings in the brush.
- The sharpness setting in the dirt & scratch layer types no longer causes artifacts.
- We fixed a crash that could happen if you were not connected to the internet/could not connect to the library server.
- All sub-categories are now collapsed in the tree view by default.
- We’ve added tooltips for all library window UI elements.
- Downloading an asset before its thumbnail has loaded now works.
- It’s no longer possible to set both the downloaded and user directory to the same folder.
- We’ve improved the login window and account creation process.
- You can now close the window with the X button at the login screen.
- We resolved an issue with workspaces that could result in a window blocking the login screen.
- Window scaling now updates when windows are dragged between monitors with different resolutions and DPI scaling settings.
- Tooltips should reposition themselves rather than go off-screen or below the taskbar now.
- Vertical collapse no longer puts the scene and material editor windows in bad states.
- Toolbag now registers the alt key on the first click when coming to Toolbag from another application.
- Group ID map bakes work as expected again
- Responsiveness and stability should be better when baking very high poly meshes with baker priority set to responsive.
- It should no longer be possible to create bad keyframe data and old scenes with bad data should be repaired when loaded.
- Sky objects that share the same sky preset will no longer have their rotation improperly linked when one of the two has keyframed data.
Version 4.00 | November 23rd, 2020
Toolbag 4’s initial release.
Read the release announcement here.
- a new ray tracing rendering engine – path traced global illumination for modern GPUs
- RTX-accelerated ray tracing renderer and baker via NVIDIA OptiX integration
- Texture Projects – real-time 3D material authoring and texture painting tools
- Customizable user interface – drag-and-drop windows, dual monitor support
- Workspaces – UI preset layouts
- Toolbag Asset Library – free base materials, sky presets, brushes, smart materials, smart masks, and more…
- Bake Project to Texture Project livelinking – auto-populate and update texture project inputs in real-time
- New raster rendering controls for SSAO, local specular reflections, and diffuse light scattering
- New advanced shaders for refraction, subsurface scattering, microfiber, and clearcoat reflection